Saturday, February 10, 2007

Talking about the moon

Pedro: What is your problem?

John: I am just a little confused, a little scared.

Pedro: Why?

John: Things do not seem to be as I always thought.

Pedro: Tell me more.

John: It seems that all the problems that we have under the sun are interconnected as if they were part of a net. When we believe that we have solve a particular problem, another one suddenly pops out in the middle of nowhere. I tell you, Pedro, if you solve the money problem, then the love one will show up to grasp your head. If you solve the love one, then the religious one will raise its head and rabish your tail. If you find meaning and purpose, then sex will reach under you and pull the darn carpet. Nothing is really clear. We swim in the mud.

Pedro: I see. I want you to to consider that maybe there are only 3 type of problems for us to face: to be, to think, and to do. The first deals with what makes what we are; the second, with how we know the world and our own existance; and the third, with whatever we do in this world we exist. In other words, we are here, we know that we are here, and we do something about it.

John: Sure. What about the problem of God and Evil? What about with the problem of language and the meaning of life? Tell me about what is a life worth living.

Pedro: That is something to think about. Now let rest.

No comments: